Prior to the start of the meeting, a public hearing will be held at 6:45 to solicit public comments on the possibility of applying for a Community Development Block Sewer Grant through the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development.
The Council meeting begins at 7 p.m., and here’s what’s on tap:
1. Dispense with the reading of the December 1, 2009 council minutes.
2. Adopt minutes of the December 1, 2009 council meeting minutes.
3. Adopt Ordinance No. 573 (an ordinance creating a WWTP Licensed Equipment Operator job description level VII) on third and final reading.
4. Adopt Ordinance No. 574 (an ordinance to annex properties and to incorporate same within the corporate boundary of the City of Lafayette, property belonging to Richard Freeman) on second reading.
5. Approve bid for police department janitorial services.
6. Ordinance 575 (an ordinance to amend the official zoning map of Lafayette, rezoning from R-1 Low Density Residential to C-1 Local Business, the Scotty Keene property located on Fountain Road) on first reading.
7. Resolution 01-05-2010A (Macon County Emergency Communications Resolution).
8. Resolution 01-05-2010B (A resolution authorizing the application for Community Development Block Sewer Grant Funds.)
9. Resolution 01-05-2010C (A resolution to apply to the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development for Community Development block Grant Funds).
10. Reappoint Johnny Woosley for another 2-year term to the RTPO Committee.
11. Approve January annual employee evaluations and salary increases, evaluations are as follows: Jeff Halliburton, Water (Hire date: Jan. 8, 1997); Billy King, Fire (Jan. 22, 2001); Leah Kirby, Office (Jan. 22, 2001); Adam Swindle, Street (Jan. 28, 2000); Ray Swindle, Street (Jan. 2, 1990); Jarhea Wilmore, Water (Jan. 8, 2003); Jeff A. Tucker, Police (Jan. 12, 2004); Stacey Woodard, Police (Jan. 29, 2008); Steve Speck, Streets (no hire date listed on agenda).
12. Approve Jeff Halliburton promotion to Water Department Superintendent, Level X, effective Jan. 9.
13. Approve changing of Jeff Owen’s employment status from part-time to full-time fireman, at level VI. (Replacing Freddie Fuqua’s vacancy in fire deparment.)
14. Approve transferring Kyle Turner from the Fire Department to Water Department, from level 7 to level 6.
15. Approve changing Phillip Smith’s employment status from part-time fireman to full-time fireman, level 6.
16. Approve hiring Michael Bransford as a part-time fireman, level 6.
17. Approve hiring Michael Duffer as a part-time fireman, level 6.
18. Approve Wanda Smith as a volunteer at the airport, with mileage reimbursement provided.
19. Approve purchasing a pick-up truck for the water department, using state contract pricing.