We asked around the Macon County Senior Center for some home remedies…here’s what we got:
- Eat a garlic clove or wear one to keep from getting a cold.
- Make a paste using buttermilk and baking soda is good to put on poison oak.
- Chewing tobacco that has been chewed will draw the poison out of a bee sting.
- Take a teaspoon of castor oil and use a match or lighter under it to warm it up and drop a few drop’s in ear to help with an earache.
- Also to help with earache, blow smoke in ear and hold something over the ear to keep the warmth in.
- To help a baby with Thrush/Thrash, have someone who has never seen their birth father to blow into the child’s mouth.
- Boil ginger root and drink to help with arthritis.