At 8:12 a.m Saturday morning fire at the home of Chris Wix, 2448 Oakdale Road resulted in considerable damage to the vinyl-sided wood frame home, in particular to a bedroom at the left rear of the dwelling. There was also heavy smoke damage to the residence.
Then shortly after noon, firefighters were called out to H&S trucking at 3115 Hwy. 52-east, where they found a 1999 Kennelworth tractor trailer fully involved in flames. A short in the truck's wiring was listed as the cause of the fire, which completely destroyed the engine and cab of the large truck.
An evening fire at the home of Tony Clowers, 2451 Carter Branch Road completely destroyed the 2,800 square foot, one story wood frame residence. The fire call came in at 8:20 p.m., and the Hartsville Fire Department was also paged out to lend mutual aide to Lafayette Fire Department personnel. The fire rekindled the next morning, and firefighters returned at 7:21 a.m. to put out the fire for a second time.
Homeowner Tony Clowers was transported to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville Saturday night for treatment of complications following smoke inhalation.