The Relay for Life teams in Macon County are hard at work to support the fight against cancer. Relay itself is just around the corner—June 7 at Key Park in Lafayette—but in the meantime, you can support the cause in the following ways:
• Team Captain’s Meeting will be Thursday, April 18th at 5pm at NCTC. All teams need to be represented at this meeting.
• White bag luminaries are currently being sold for a minimum donation of $5 each. Torches are also for sale, for a minimum donation of $25. See Dianne Cook or Connie Blackwell at the courthouse, or any Relay for Life team to purchase a luminary.
• The Macon County Courthouse Officials & Employees Relay for Life team is selling t-shirts which read “Kiss Cancer Goodbye.” The price range is $12-$16, and they are priced according to size. See Diane Cook or Connie Blackwell at the courthouse to place an order.
• The Macon Bank & Trust Relay for Life Team has two fundraisers going on right now: 1) they are selling T-shirts at all branches; and 2) there will be a Banking For a Cure antique car & bike show and family fun day on April 27 at their main branch. Registration will be 12:30-2:00 pm, and the show is 2:00-5:00 pm. For more info, talk to Debbie Mason at 666-6448.
• The Citizens Bank Relay for Life Team has three fundraisers going on at this time: 1) they are selling T-shirts; 2) they are having a Cornhole Tournament on Sat., April 27th starting at 10:00 am at the main branch; and 3) they are having a steak sandwich sale on Friday, April 19th, 11 am-1 pm at the main branch. Delivery or pickup available - to place orders, call Doug Haehl at 688-9762.
• The Macon County General Hospital Relay for Life team is having a Uniform/Scrub sale on Thursday, April 25th 9-4:30pm and Friday, April 26th at 8-3:00pm. Location: Macon County General Hospital-Conference Room. Contact Stacey Brawner at 666-2147 for more info.
• The Cobb-Vantress Relay for Life team is having a yard sale on Fri-Sat, April 26-27 from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm at 607 Ellington Drive. For more information or to donate items, contact Darlene at 633-1593.
• The Relay for Life team of Tamra Coley Family & Friends just completed their Rockin’ for Relay event, and are also selling t-shirts as a fundraiser. You can contact Tamra Coley at 666-3300 for more info.
• The Walgreen’s Relay Team is doing something called You’ve Been Skunked. “I’ve got two little skunks, a little girl Penelope and a little boy named Pepe,” said Walgreens Team Leader Dell Giffen. “And what we do is we pass them around. It costs $1 to get rid of it, or $5 to get skunk insurance so you know you won’t get it. So we pass it around to store employees, friends, family, and anyone involved with Relay. So if you’re a Relay person, beware if you come into the store!”