Helpful Winter Tips for seniors
Oct 24, 2012
| 374 views | 0
- Keep things clean and take care of your health, wash your hands to prevent catching a cold. Take recommended immunizations for flu and pneumonia.
- Stay active. Keep your exercise regimen.
- Wear layers of clothing when you go outdoors.
- Limit caffeine, cigarette smoking, and alcohol. They decrease the body’s ability to conserve heat.
- Check batteries in smoke detectors, also car batteries.
- Check your rugs so that they aren’t wrinkled or torn to prevent trips, and have padding underneath to prevent them from sliding.
- Have a phone or some sort of device to keep on yourself with emergency numbers programmed in an event of an emergency.
- Wear shoes with rubber soles to prevent slipping.